Understanding Expat Lump Sum Investments
Fed up with low interest rates from French banks but unsure of the lump sum investment products available?
Many Expats in France use high street banks to build their savings. This may seem like savvy saving, but with interest rates at record lows, once inflation and the rising costs of living are taken into account, the future buying power of these hard-earned savings is in fact hugely depreciating.
With an ever-growing number of professionals opting for a transient lifestyle, the desire to invest in an international or ‘offshore’ manner is becoming a common method for expat lump sum investment and portfolio management.
The key driver for this is that many expatriates want to avoid the situation where they have ‘bits and bobs’ of investments scattered around the world. It is easy lose track of what is invested where and expats are presented with logistical issues when attempting to gain access to, or manage, the investment after they leave that particular place.
Offshore lump sum investment eradicates these issues. Additionally, the tax efficiency of the international investment centres is an ‘extra bonus’ for those individuals who make use of these investment areas.
What Lump Sum Investment options are available?
- Fund platforms
- Flexible Lump Sum Investment France vehicles
- Portfolio bonds (tax efficient)
- Fixed term deposit accounts
- Discretionary investment service – collective funds or segregated portfolio
- Accumulation accounts
Benefits of a Lump Sum Investment?
- Choice of any major currency
- Tax-free growth
- Can be structured for capital growth, income generation or both (income generation ideal for retired expats)
- Unlimited choice of assets and funds
- No initial entry fees on investment funds
- Access to funds that have been handpicked by investment specialists in model portfolios
- Optional regular withdrawals (e.g. for regular income)
- Access to institutional high rate deposit accounts and structured fixed return products
All of our lump sum investment products and portfolio management services are 100% personalised to each and every customer, depending on such criteria as investment term and your attitude to risk. And fully trackable on our online platform.